Here are some more writing tips that you may find useful. They are not in any particular order.
- If you want to write a big book, pick a big theme.
- Write rich characters with rich backgrounds (and I’m not talking about money.)
- Finish each chapter on a cliffhanger.
- The plot must race along at breakneck speed.
- Mix fact with fiction so that the reader does not know where the truth ends and the fiction starts.
- Be clear of all the underlying themes and what is going on in the background.
- Look at the opening – does it grab you?
- Think about the title.
- A good story has a great plot and loads of action.
- Be careful the ending is not an anti-climax.
- Make up your own secret society if you want.
- The ‘What if…?’ button, is the most important key on the keyboard.
Some great advice here, Anita. And now I want a keyboard with a ‘what if’ key!